We can deliver functional membrane proteins in large quantities and in the format you need, in less time than you would think possible.
The process is simple:
- You send us the gene sequence or any genetic material you have.
- We carry out a feasibility study to optimize the expression conditions and determine the most appropriate protein functionality test.
- The functionality of the protein produced is verified . This quality control procedure can also be offered as a separate analytical service.
- On your say-so, we start the production service for your protein.
Compared with other expression systems, Synthelis’ cell-free approach has many competitive advantages, such as:
- Preserved functionality with full length proteins
- Quantity: 10 to 100 mg
- Rapidity: feasibility studies in 2-3 months and production of previously expressed proteins requires 1-2 weeks per mg of protein*.
- High success rate: 80-90% of proteins successfully expressed, depending on the protein
- Functionality: 80% of tested proteins are functional
*1 mg of CXCR4, 1 week for 1 mg of Bak protein. Times may vary depending on the results of the feasibility study or each protein’s expression rate.